Dr Leather’s Advanced Leather Wipes
Where a synthetic disposable microfibre wipe has been pre-impregnated with the cleaner and allows not only for easy application of the cleaner but also then acts as a micro-fibre cloth that will collect the loosed dirt.
We should state at this point though that they are not suited to suede or nubuck leathers, which are made in a different way and as such require a different type of cleaner and cleaning technique.
All our cleaning products have the following benefits:
- Created by Leather Technologists for modern leathers
- Gently cleans the all-important coating of the leather
- Restores the original feel and look to the leather
- Unique chemistry recreates the new leather aroma
- Top-coat friendly aqueous based pH neutral formulation
- Bio-degradable and non-toxic formulation
- Silicone-free to ensure no slippery, shiny surfaces
And finally we should mention that we have incorporated the traditional leather aroma from veg tanned leathers, as part of the polymer formulation for rejuvenating the leather to that brand new leather smell. This aroma was checked with a number of ‘old-school’ tanners to make sure the smell was just right.
Our Leather Wipes are very easy to use. Life is complicated enough, and we certainly don’t want to add to that list of complications!!! Please make sure you follow these instructions of use:
1. Ensure the seat is free from major soiling or debris.
2. Open the resealable cap in the lid of the tub.
3. Pull out a leather wipe, and tear along the perforated section.
4. Close the resealable cap.
5. Apply the wipe in a circular motion, turning the wipe regularly.
6. Once the wipe is too heavily soiled with dirt that it has removed use a new wipe.
7. Allow the leather to dry naturally for 5 minutes after application.
8. Final wiping off with a clean cloth is optional, but not necessary.
And that is all that is required!!! Typically we are seeing approximately 15 wipes used for a family sized sedan vehicle with full leather interior. If your leather is in poor condition, then you may need to use more wipes on the first cleaning and repeat as necessary.
We also recommend testing the wipes on an inconspicuous area before using. The majority of leathers are made all to a high standard, but we do know of instances where cheaper products have unfortunately been made with rather inferior made leathers, which will be damaged whatever type of cleaner is used.