P4Lite Ceramic Trim Coating is a solvent-based, resin-infused coating which offers high durability, ultra-hydrophobic, high gloss surface. Designed to be easy to work within less than ideal conditions. The best ceramic trim coating for the hobbyist applying at home.
P4Lite will offer upward of 12 months protection as a stand-alone product from one layer. Further layers can be applied (3 maximum) to increase film thickness and boost durability.
For enhanced durability and self-cleaning ability, we have designed a dedicated top coat to work alongside P4Lite called SP1. SP1 is a water-based, ceramic boosting spray that actively bonds to the surface of P4Lite to offer higher self-cleaning effect. SP1 should be reapplied every 2-4 months depending on wash regime and weather conditions and is a simple, spray & wipe product.
2 full layers of P4Lite, followed by one spray-applied layer of SP1 applied every 3 months can result in 3+ years of protection providing delicate wash techniques are adopted.
Shake Well Before Use
- Ensure the area to be coated is clean & dry. Also take care to ensure the surface is free from any contamination, oils or previously applied coatings. We suggest using a plastic cleaner or an effective all-purpose cleaner.
- Apply a few small drops of P4Lite to a suede applicator or lint-free cloth.
- Avoid application in direct sunlight. Apply the coating in straight lines working from the top of the trim to the bottom. Once you have worked vertically repeat the same process horizontally ensuring you have not missed any areas. NOTE – P4Lite has a work time of around 5 minutes at room temperature, after this time the coating will become difficult to spread. The trim should not look saturated with product, simply spread evenly and sparingly.
- Once applied, P4Lite will require between 10-20 minutes to cure depending on trim surface temperature and humidity levels. During this time any application lines should present level and flash away.
- Once P4Lite is fully cured, buff the trim to present a dressed finish using a deep pile microfibre cloth. Ensure to discard the applicator and microfibre upon completion.
- P4Lite can be applied outdoors, however, always try to keep the trim free from dust and water when working. For best results, we suggest the use of a shelter to keep the vehicle dry and clean during application and for a period of up to 2 hours after cure.