P1 Lite Car Ceramic Coating is a solvent based, resin-infused coating which offers high durability, ultra-hydrophobic, high gloss surface. Designed to be easy to work with in less than ideal conditions. The best car ceramic coating for the hobbyist applying at home.
P1 Lite will offer upward of 12 months protection as a stand-alone product from one layer. Further layers can be applied (3 maximum) to increase film thickness and boost durability.
For enhanced durability and self-cleaning ability, we have designed a dedicated top coat to work alongside P1 Lite called SP1. SP1 is a water-based, ceramic boosting spray that actively bonds to the surface of P1 Lite to offer higher self-cleaning effect. SP1 should be reapplied every 2-4 months depending on wash regime and weather conditions and is a simple, spray & wipe product.
2 full layers of P1 Lite, followed by one spray applied layer of SP1 applied every 3 months can result in 3+ years of protection providing delicate wash techniques are adopted.
How to Use
- Ensure the area to be treated is clean & dry plus free from any contamination. We suggest a full decontamination wash followed by a pre-wax cleaner or mild abrasive. Before application, the area must be wiped down with a panel wipe and completely free from oils or residual coatings.
- Apply a few small drops of P1 Lite to a suede pad or folded, lint-free cloth.
- Working one panel at a time, apply the coating in straight lines from one edge of the panel to the other. Once you have worked vertically repeat horizontally ensuring not to miss any areas. It is important at this time to ensure a level and even coverage of the surface. Note – P1 Lite has a work time of around 5 minutes at room temperature, after this period of time the coating will start to become difficult to spread as it starts to catalyse and cure. The panel should not look saturated, simply spread the product over the surface evenly and sparingly whilst achieving full coverage in a thin, uniform layer.
- Once applied the coating will require between 10-20 minutes to cure depending on panel temperatures and humidity levels. During this time you should see high spots left from application begin to level out and flash away. Force drying can be beneficial and speed up the curing period with IR lamps but is not essential.
- After the product is fully cured, there should be minimal application lines present. Use a high pile, quality microfibre cloth to remove any residue. Ensure to discard any applicators and microfibres used once complete.
- P1 Lite has been developed to be used in any conditions and as a result can be used outdoors. However, care must be taken to ensure the surface is kept dry and free from any airborne contamination and particles during the application and curing stages. Where possible, for best results we suggest keeping the panels treated dry for a further 2 hours after the cure period to ensure no water spotting occurs.