Gyeon Q² View is an advanced quartz-based coating system that forms a semi-permanent hydrophobic (water-hating) barrier layer on automotive glass. It achieves this via two distinct products that are supplied as a kit; Gyeon Q² Cleanse and Gyeon Q² Repel.
The former is a chemical polish and silica-rich bonding agent, while the latter is a hydrophobic glass coating containing functional silica- and fluorine-based components. When used systematically (which is strictly necessary in order to obtain maximum performance), these two products form a highly durable, fully transparent SiO2-based coating that vigorously repels water. As a result, raindrops and road spray simply bead up and roll off of treated surfaces, or are blown off when driving speeds rise above 30 mph.
Gyeon Q² View therefore significantly improves visibility in wet weather and greatly reduces the need to use your windscreen wipers. The extreme beading also tends to pick up and carry away fresh dirt and grime, meaning that the coating is partially self-cleaning.
Furthermore, in drier weather bug splatter washes off far more easily, and in colder weather defrosting is more quickly achieved.
Gyeon Q² View is currently supplied as a pre-packed kit containing a 20 ml bottle of Gyeon Q² Cleanse, a 20 ml bottle of Gyeon Q² Repel, a rayon applicator block, a Gyeon Q²M Applicator Block, four Gyeon Q²M Applicator Suedes, and an instruction booklet.
- You should apply Gyeon Q² View in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
- In all cases, prepare the windows you are going to treat in the normal way (wash > decontaminate).
- Next, lightly wet the supplied rayon applicator block with Gyeon Q² Cleanse and work it into the surface of the windows in a circular fashion, using moderate pressure and tight overlapping strokes.
- Once all of the windows are treated, go back around the car buffing off the residue with a damp Utility Towel until a smear-free finish is achieved.
- Next, soak one of the supplied Gyeon Q²M Applicator Suedes with Gyeon Q² Repel, wrap it around the supplied Gyeon Q²M Applicator Block and work it into the surface of the windows in a circular fashion, using moderate pressure and tight overlapping strokes; you will need to re-wet the suede applicator with the product before treating each window, as Gyeon Q² Repel flashes off quite quickly.
- Once all of the windows are treated, go back around the car buffing off the residue with a dry Utility Towel until a perfect smear-free finish is achieved.
- The car must then be left somewhere warm and dry for a minimum of 12 hours to allow the SiO2 coating to cure fully (if you wish, you can accelerate this process by heating the treated windows to 60°C for 10 minutes using an infra-red heat lamp).