Why use Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer?
C4 utilises a chemical bond to become an extension of the plastic molecule it is protecting. The coating swaps part of its molecular structure with the surface molecules of your car’s trim. This means that you have a protective coating of unparalleled durability.
Unlike many trim products on the market, C4 is exceptionally thin (circa 30 nanometers) optically clear film – this means it will not add an unattractive gloss finish to the surface. Instead, it restores all, but the most faded trim to an ‘as new’ condition. It is ideal for new trim, helping to prevent fading.
- Make sure before you start you have enough product for all of your trim. For example, if you have a Mini (30ml) you would need more product than you would on a Golf (15ml)
- Work in a well ventilated area, at a temperature above 5 degrees Celcius and out of direct sunlight. Wear the gloves provided
- Ensure the surface(s) you are going to coat is free from any contaminants. For best results clean trim with a neat solution of W5 Citrus All-Purpose Cleaner, and if required use a medium stiff brush
- Use the AP1 Lint-free Applicator supplied to spread the coating onto the surface of your trim. Soak the pad with several drops of product
- Once you have spread the product over each piece of trim, gently wipe away residue immediately with a Microfibre Cloth. If your car has heavily textured trim take time to ensure all crevices are covered, and that all residue is also removed from them
- Allow the coating to cure for 12 hours before exposing to the elements
- Use within 3 months of opening
- Store in a cool, dry place