Autoglym Engine & Machine Cleaner rapidly cleans engines, components, tools and machinery.
Engines are the beating heart at the centre of your car and yet they are often the most neglected area. Cleaning your engine is a lot easier than you might think, especially with Autoglym Engine & Machine Cleaner. This water-based formula rapidly dissolves oil, grease and grime leaving you with an engine to be proud of.
Pro Tip: Follow with Vinyl & Rubber Care to dress your engine bay with a satin sheen
- Always work on a cold engine.
- Protect vulnerable items with plastic film or waterproof tape.
- Test a small area before using on plated metals and avoid application to highly polished alloy finishes.
- Apply generously and use a brush to agitate surfaces.
- Hose off from the lower areas up to reveal the clean and sparkling finish.
- Do not allow the product to dry.
- Avoid flooding air intakes, sensitive electrical components and using a pressure wash.
- After cleaning, spray the wet surfaces with Vinyl & Rubber Care, and allow them to dry.
- This leaves all your plastic and rubber looking like new.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Should I use an Engine and Machine Cleaner with warm or cold water?
A: We would advise using an Engine and Machine Cleaner with cold water. It is very important to work on a cold engine to avoid the detergent drying too quickly on hot surfaces. Always ensure it is completely rinsed after cleaning.
Q: Can I use Engine and Machine Cleaner on plastic or rubber engine components?
A: Yes, Engine and Machine Cleaner is extremely easy to use spray-on, brush and hose off cleaner for all metal, plastic or rubber engine components and surrounding paintwork.