SP1 Ceramic Top Coat – Hydrophobic Coating Spray
- Sacrificial topcoat for ceramic coatings.
- Extends lifetime of ceramic coatings.
- Easy to use.
- Perfect in conjunction with AutoGlanz P1 Lite Ceramic Coating
How to Use
Shake well before use. SP1 is a sacrificial top-coat designed to be used to protect AutoGlanz P1Lite ceramic coating and offer uniform hydrophobic properties.
- Ensure P1Lite is fully cured (30 minutes in typical conditions) before applying SP1.
- Apply SP1 sparingly via trigger sprayer direct to a clean, dry surface and buff into the area uniformly. Do not allow to dry before spreading the product. Once spread evening over the surface allow 5-10 minutes for SP1 to flash off.
- Once cured, buff to a high gloss finish with a fresh, plush microfibre cloth.
- For best results and durability of P1Lite we suggest SP1 is reapplied every 2 months.
- Do not use in direct sunlight, do not allow to dry on the surface before spreading.
P1 Lite Car Ceramic Coating
P1 Lite Car Ceramic Coating is a solvent-based, resin-infused coating that offers high durability, ultra-hydrophobic, high gloss surface. Designed to be easy to work within less than ideal conditions. The best car ceramic coating for the hobbyist applying at home.
P1 Lite will offer upward of 12 months protection as a stand-alone product from one layer. Further layers can be applied (3 maximum) to increase film thickness and boost durability.
For enhanced durability and self-cleaning ability, we have designed a dedicated top coat to work alongside P1 Lite called SP1. SP1 is a water-based, ceramic boosting spray that actively bonds to the surface of P1 Lite to offer a higher self-cleaning effect. SP1 should be reapplied every 2-4 months depending on wash regime and weather conditions and is a simple, spray & wipe product.
2 full layers of P1 Lite, followed by one spray-applied layer of SP1 applied every 3 months can result in 3+ years of protection providing delicate wash techniques are adopted.
How to Use
- Ensure the area to be treated is clean & dry plus free from any contamination. We suggest a full decontamination wash followed by a pre-wax cleaner or mild abrasive. Before application, the area must be wiped down with a panel wipe and completely free from oils or residual coatings.
- Apply a few small drops of P1 Lite to a suede pad or folded lint-free cloth.
- Working one panel at a time, apply the coating in straight lines from one edge of the panel to the other. Once you have worked vertically repeat horizontally ensuring not to miss any areas. It is important at this time to ensure a level and even coverage of the surface. Note – P1 Lite has a work time of around 5 minutes at room temperature, after this period of time the coating will start to become difficult to spread as it starts to catalyse and cure. The panel should not look saturated, simply spread the product over the surface evenly and sparingly whilst achieving full coverage in a thin, uniform layer.
- Once applied the coating will require between 10-20 minutes to cure depending on panel temperatures and humidity levels. During this time you should see high spots left from the application begin to level out and flash away. Force drying can be beneficial and speed up the curing period with IR lamps but is not essential.
- After the product is fully cured, there should be minimal application lines present. Use a high pile, quality microfibre cloth to remove any residue. Ensure to discard any applicators and microfibres used once complete.
- P1 Lite has been developed to be used in any conditions and as a result can be used outdoors. However, care must be taken to ensure the surface is kept dry and free from any airborne contamination and particles during the application and curing stages. Where possible, for best results we suggest keeping the panels treated dry for a further 2 hours after the cure period to ensure no water spotting occurs.