P3 Lite Ceramic Wheel Coating is a solvent-based, resin-infused coating which offers an ultra-durable, highly-hydrophobic, self-cleaning, gloss surface. Designed to be easy to work within less than ideal conditions. The best wheel ceramic coating for the hobbyist applying at home.
P3 Lite will offer upward of 12 months protection as a stand-alone product from one layer. Further layers can be applied (3 maximum) to increase film thickness and boost durability.
For enhanced durability and self-cleaning ability, we have designed a dedicated top coat to work alongside P3 Lite called SP1. SP1 is a water-based, ceramic boosting spray that actively bonds to the surface of P3 Lite to offer higher self-cleaning effect. SP1 should be reapplied every 2-4 months depending on wash regime and weather conditions and is a simple, spray & wipe product.
2 full layers of P3 Lite, followed by one spray-applied layer of SP1 applied every 3 months can result in 3+ years of protection providing delicate wash techniques are adopted.
Remember to shake well before each use.
- Ensure the area to be coated is clean and dry. Take care to ensure the surface is free from any contamination, oils or previously applied coatings. We suggest using a pre-wax cleaner or mild abrasive followed by an effective panel wipe.
- Apply a few small drops of P3Lite to a suede applicator or lint-free cloth.
- Apply the coating in straight lines working from the centre of the wheel to the outer edge. Once you have worked vertically repeat the same process horizontally (following the arc of the wheel) ensuring you have not missed any areas. NOTE – P3Lite has a work time of around 5 minutes at room temperature, after this time the coating will become difficult to spread. The wheel should not look saturated with the product, simply spread the product evenly and sparingly.
- Once applied, P3Lite will require between 10-20 minutes to cure depending on wheel surface temperatures and humidity levels. During this time any application lines should present level and flash away. Force drying can be achieved using IR lamps but this is not essential.
- Once P3Lite is fully cured buff the wheels to present a high gloss finish using a deep pile microfibre cloth. Ensure to discard the applicator and microfibre after completion.
- P3Lite can be applied outdoors, however, always try to keep the wheels free from dust and water when working. For best results, we suggest the use of a shelter to keep the vehicle dry and clean during application and for a period of up to 2 hours after curing.